In our home, we have rest time. No matter how old you are! Without it, everyone becomes cranky.
But really, and this is no lie, without it I become cranky. I need that time to catch up; to do what I want to do. To do housework, to scroll through websites without someone hanging over my shoulder, or to sit down and eat that puppy chow without having to share. That's right, I don't want to share my food 24/7. Why should I? I deserve to have something to myself too.
Now, I'm not saying I utilize this time to the best that I should (i.e. making sure the house is 100% spotless, just to let it get messed up again when everyone wakes up), but that quiet, that noise free, mommy-free time, helps me. I am able to continue on with my day as a happier person when we have rest time. The days where rest time doesn't happen are the days I begin to not like myself. Especially come dinner time.
They say naps are important and I couldn't agree more. I know there are those out there who can go on without them, and so can I, but man do I feel better once the little people in my house have had them ;) Now, with this being said, just because it's rest time, doesn't mean they are always going to sleep... They lay in bed or play in bed quietly, but that's fine! I just need that quiet time. Which is why we call it rest time.
What do you do in your household to recharge?
Here's where I've put together our real life experiences and a few tips and tricks we've learned along the way... Plus a random thing or two, as they cross my mind!
Bloglovin
Popular Posts
-
Well, the time has come and gone... We BOUGHT OUR FIRST HOME! After 8 years of marriage, we did it. It's crazy to think about. We finall...
-
Grey... Or Gray... Whichever way you spell it. How do you spell it? It just a difficult subject all around. First of all, everyone spells ...
-
Recently, we were invited to a family member's for a mock Low Country Boil! To achieve this Boil, a bunch of seasonings, corn on the co...
-
So , recently my friend and I were talking about about things our husband's do when they sleep... Of course there was the snoring, talki...
-
So glad you were able to stop by and welcome to my blog! Here, you will soon begin to see how my life (or my mind) jumps from one thing to t...
-
We do not live completely minimally. But we have adopted some of this lifestyle's techniques. It wasn't until the other day that I...
-
Here you can see where it'd been leaking The top/inside of the old gutter It's been over a month since we had our co...
-
Since summer is on it's way, and that usually means more traveling, I thought I'd write about my experiences of traveling with sma...
-
In our home , we have rest time. No matter how old you are! Without it, everyone becomes cranky. But really, and this is no lie, without ...
-
Now, many of you may disagree. But, until you've experienced it for yourself, you may never understand ( imho ). It's hard. It rea...
YES!!!! We do this too for the same reason. I NEED that time!
ReplyDelete