![]() |
| Here you can see where it'd been leaking |
![]() |
| The top/inside of the old gutter |
It's been over a month since we had our consultation for new gutters and they are finally here. Geeze Louise! Talk about getting impatient. We were beginning to think, Okay seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I even called the company to check on the status of their arrival. But, because this summer has decided to rain nearly every day, all appointments were getting pushed further out. Blah.
So far, they look super nice! When they took off the old gutters to reveal the fascia, man was it dirty! Apparently our old gutters were not on properly and were missing the flashing... Ooops! Which, also explains why we had a window leak earlier this summer. And, I don't mean a slow drip, it was, Holy crap! There is water coming in NOW! When that happened, it was pouring outside, and I do mean pouring.

These people come right to your house, double check their measurements and then they head back to their truck, and literally start "spitting out" the gutters from a machine they have. Everything is made right there. I stood and watched the machine spit out some of the gutters. They can do short pieces and long pieces. It's pretty neat. Almost reminds me of a meat grinder with he sausage attachment. Strange comparison, I know!
![]() |
| Top of the new gutter |
![]() |
| So fresh and so clean, clean! |
*Stay tuned for more household projects.
-T




NICE! No more leaks! I need (ok, want) to buy a house to start making a home and DIYing up. Until then, I'll live through you. Keep them coming! :)
ReplyDeleteGood thing you finally had your gutter replaced. Congratulations for accomplishing this very first big project of yours as homeowners! Gutters are really important, for it helps prevent rain water from leaking all over and keeps it flowing in one direction. The water from it can even be recycled for other uses like watering the plants. I wish you good luck on all of your upcoming household projects! Have a nice day! :-)
ReplyDeletePleasance Faast @ Shelton Roof